Navigation items and banners
Fees & Registration
For registrations please click here.
In order to quickly understand which costs to expect, please see the following table.
|Term I 2013||Term II 2013||Term III 2013|
|Duration||3 weeks||6 weeks||4 weeks|
|Program Dates 2013/2012
(Arrival and Departure dates)
|Jan 5 - Jan 26, 2013||May 25 - July 6, 2013||July 13 - August 10, 2013|
|Registration Deadlines||December 8, 2012||April 27, 2013||June 15, 2013|
|Fees & Tuition|
Music Composition Course: 650 €
|Early registration discount||
(until Nov 17, 2012)
(until April 6, 2013)
(until May 25, 2013)
|Semi-Intensive German Language Class||900 €||1,350 €||900 €|
|Intensive German Language Class||not offered||2,025 €||1,350 €|
|Subject Class||900 €||1,350 €||900 €|
|Single room in shared apartment||340 €||575 €||395 €|
|Single apartment Celsiusstr.||
|735 €||525 €|
|Single apartment Klüberstr.||not offered||not offered||530 €|
|Homestay||520 €||870 €||630 €|
|Seminaris Campus Hotel*||Please contact FUBiS||not offered||single occupancy:1,795 €|
|double occupancy:2,370 €|
|Insurance package||30 €||60 €||45 €|
|Personal liability and accident insurance**||15 €||20 €||15 €|
|Extra-curricular activities||Term1||Term 2||Term 3|
*Only valid for Seminaris Campus Hotel: Please note that the city of Berlin might implement a new "city-tax" in 2013 or amend the value added tax (VAT). Students, who have chosen Seminaris Campus Hotel, will be informed about any kind of amendment of the accommodation price as soon as possible.
**Liability insurance: Please note that damage to immovable property is subject to a deductible of 250 € per claim.
A non-refundable program fee applies in addition to the tuition. The program fee is due along with the tuition two weeks after registration at the latest. The program fee includes the following services:
- Official FUBiS transcript (sealed copy will be sent directly to the students home address)
- Guided Tour through the Reichstag Building and the Federal Parliament - more information
- River Boat Tour through Downtown Berlin (only offered in Summer) - more information
- Weekly Movietime presenting popular and well-known German Movies
- Student ID (reduced prices for meals at the dining hall of the Freie Universität, student tickets for sights, museums etc.)
- Access to libraries and computing (incl. Internet) and printing facilities on the campus
- Welcome and farewell buffet
The Tuition Fee includes, next to the class, the course-related field work and the course reading material (reader).
Students who want to participate in both summer terms (FUBiS term II and FUBiS term III) receive a discount amounting to 200 Euro plus an additional discount of 10% on the course tuition of FUBiS term III courses.
- FUBiS alumni of the previous two years receive an alumni-discount amounting to 200 Euro (for the summer terms)/ 150 Euro (for the winter term). Please indicate in your registration that you are a FUBiS-alumnus/alumna.